Happy Thursday everyone! This question was recently asked in the Houston, Tx community group and got some response but I thought it would also be good to "cross-post" here to perhaps drive a little more. My hope is to add some broader perspective in order to bring in factors that might have not have surfaced before.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Houston/Getting-SCRUM-certified-in-Houston-Is-it-worth-it/gpm-p/1135612#M52%3Futm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digest_notification&utm_content=topic
I know this is an older post, but I personally really enjoyed the Certified Scrum Master training through the Scrum Alliance. The course would be especially worth it if you could get your current employer to cover the cost. I am a visual learner and really enjoyed the classroom setting of the course and interacting with peers from the software industry.
I would note that the test is 100% online and fairly easy to pass. I would value the experience of attending the class, participating in the activities, and learning from peers over the certification badge. I would also note some employer's seek the CSM certification in applicants.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.