I want to call out from a Jira issue to look up and return a name and email stored in an excel file. Is that possible?
Here is the scenario. I create an issue in jira. I fill out the location of the problem in the issue ticket. I guess I would have to submit the issue in order to create an issue id. The user would then have to dbl click an exe that launches an external app. Using the rest api that external c# app would use the issue id just created to get details from the issue. Open the excel file look up the name and email that is mapped to what was entered into the ticket. Using rest again to push those two field back into fields in the issue ticket.
However, is there a way to do this from inside of Jira. I read about web hooks but that doesn't exactly work for what I want to do. Does jira have a data store that I could use to store these name value pairs? And therefore access that data store from inside of jira?
Please help,, Thank you very much.