Is it possible to extract a list of all users who are consumed Confluence licenses? I have 100 licenses and 87 people are currently using, how do I find out who these 87 people are?
Hi @Suporte - This Atlassian KB Article may help.
For a definitive answer look at "global permissions" and note the groups that have "can use" or "administrate" access (Defaults are "confluence users" and "confluence admins", but they can be changed)
Then go to Users -> Groups and have a look through the groups. You are likely to find more than 87 people listed in total, and some duplicates
"Confluence admins" for example, also count towards your licence, but are usually in "Confluence users" as well. An account like that still only consumes one "seat".
The reason you may have more than 87 across the groups (after deduplication) is people who have left - their accounts should be deactivated, at which time, despite still being in groups, they cannot log in, and hence do not count as licence users.
I use active directory authentication, so I don't use confluence groups. These are groups that I created in my AD and imported to confluence and access all these groups can become unviable. I thought I could pull this list of users the same is in JIRA
I didn't say confluence groups, I just said groups. It doesn't matter where they came from - usage is determined by who can log in, and that's controlled by the groups named in global permissions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.