Hi All, I am as green to Jira as they come. Jira used for Help Desk calls.
I need to have templates so the Tech's have all the information when users create Help Desk calls. I believe the templates in Jira are called 'Issues'. I have created some custom fields using pick lists, radio buttons etc. I would like (to start with) create a New User Request Form.
I would like to customise this as well so it looks the way we would like to.
Name, Location, Phone, Databases would like access too, Folder permissions, Distribution Groups etc, then they click Submit and the Help Desk has all the information and we are good. Can someone tell me if this is possible? The guy in Sales is saying we cannot do this... You don't want to question the user back and forth to complete a task (issue) so that doesn't make sense. He keeps telling me that Jira cannot hold this information but that isn't an problem, I just want the fields, to the issue, to the Help Desk tech, they can complete their job without anymore questions that need answering. I created a support call yesterday but it's pretty quiet on the home front.... nothing from them in 24 hours so thought I would try the community. Keen to see if Jira is right for us, thanks.