I want to include an email address in the footer of my space (format=mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com).
If it's possible, what is the syntax I should use? I tried the format listed above, and it just appears as text.
TIA for responses.
Hello,
Try adding int into square brackets into Footer section of Space Look and Feel settings:
[mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com]
See Confluence Wiki Markup for more details.
Regards,
Igor
Igor,
I appreciate your reply.
I used the format shown, but the email isn't active, i.e. it's not a hyperlink. It just displays [distribution_list@adomain.com], and I'd like for it to be an active link.
I was able to add it in a section of current pages, but that's not as 'handy,' as having it as a formal 'Footer,' on our pages.
Was I hoping for too much, or did I enter it incorrectly?
Thanks.
Mark
Hey @Mark Storey apologies for the late reply,
This is odd, I was able to add email as the footer of every page by going to Space Tools > Look and Feel > Sidebar, Header and Footer and pasting [mailto:distribution_list@adomain.com] into a Footer.In my space it appeared as hyperlink:
Are you sure you used the markup with ":" instead of "=" and "[]" instead of "()"
Also, check if you do not have any global HTML or Footer added that would be overwriting space local one.
Not sure what I did before, but I must have had a typo in the markup, because I tried again, and voila! It works!
Thanks much!
How do you do this if you olso want to ad a subject or even a body with the page name in it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.