I have an issue with the importer, or perhaps it's documentation,prompted by Jira calling a set of severities; priorities.
What I want (more importantly, what my users want) to achieve is our bugzilla Severities (Blocker, critical, major ....) loaded to a custom field of that name. Also I wish to load Priorities (highest, high, normal ...) to a modified standard field of that name. I can accept that enhancements are made into improvements at load.
I am able to modify the options in the standard Priorities field to be (highest, high, normal ...) with appropriate icons and colours. Then run the importer setting priorities to be imported directly to the standard field (highest -> highest; high -> high ...) and severities to be imported to the custom field (blocker -> blocker; critical -> critical ; major -> major; normal -> normal; minor -> minor; trivial -> minor; enhancement -> normal)
I can set up to do this, but the import is not successful. My interpretation of the documentation on the importer is that this should work; if the step of deciding that an enhancement becomes an issueType of Improvement is taken first; then thereafter a simple mapping of data values from the input bugzilla field to the output Jira field should plain work.
Something hard coded appears to be in place w.r.t the Priorities field in Jira?
This has been discussed before by others but I consider this a bug, perhaps you'll explain it away somehow?
Two questions I know; sorry, but otherwise the importer works logically and like a treat ...
Please clarify for me.
John