Hello all,
I am having some difficulty with our instance of Jira server.
We have recently upgraded from 7.8.1 to 8.3.0, and after the upgrade, this memory leak that I can see when running 'top' on the Linux box started happening.

We have increased the JVM memory allocated to Jira as well -
| JVM Input Arguments | -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/atlassian/jira/conf/logging.properties -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Xms1024m -Xmx6096m -XX:InitialCodeCacheSize=32m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIRA -Dorg.apache.jasper.runtime.BodyContentImpl.LIMIT_BUFFER=true -Dmail.mime.decodeparameters=true -Dorg.dom4j.factory=com.atlassian.core.xml.InterningDocumentFactory -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djava.locale.providers=COMPAT -Datlassian.plugins.startup.options= -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -Dorg.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener.UMASK=0027 -Xloggc:/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/atlassian-jira-gc-%t.log -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=5 -XX:GCLogFileSize=20M -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCCause -Dignore.endorsed.dirs= -Dcatalina.base=/opt/atlassian/jira -Dcatalina.home=/opt/atlassian/jira -Djava.io.tmpdir=/opt/atlassian/jira/temp |
Currently it take about 20 -24 hours before the instance runs out of memory, and we need to restart it.
Edit:
Also, I thought it might be worth noting this message-
[GC (Allocation Failure) [PSYoungGen: 1876157K->141943K(1875968K)] 3998513K->2269910K(4828672K), 0.1624618 secs] [Times: user=0.27 sys=0.00, real=0.16 secs]
in the atlassian-jira-gc-2019-08-11_23-21-00.log.0.current log file.
In the same file on our test environment (I have not noticed any issue there) we get messaged like this -
966803.171: [GC (Allocation Failure) 2019-08-11T18:27:51.021-0400: 966803.171: [DefNew: 283175K->1703K(314560K), 0.0301996 secs] 861510K->580041K(1013632K), 0.0303531 secs] [Times: user=0.02 sys=0.00, real=0.03 secs]
Any thoughts? or what should I look into next?
Thank you so much,
Andrei