I am new to Jira Service Desk and I was wondering if it is possible to configure the system to use one of my business' email addresses for clients to submit tickets like e.g. support@mycompanysemailaddress.com. I have found the menu settings in /projects/xxx/settings/channels/email but the icons for Microsoft are not working. Any guidance?
Thank you,
Moritz
Hello @Moritz Maier
If you are using your company email or any email that is not Google or Yahoo you need mail server settings.
The person in your company that manages email accounts should provide you with following settings
Mail server
Protocol and port
you mentioned Microsoft are you using outlook?
BR, Olga
Hi Olga,thanks for your reply! We are usign Office 365 and I have all the information. I just don't know were I can enter them as the links in the email settings in Service Desk are not working.
BRMoritz
Hello Moritz
You go to project -> settings -> Email Requests -> other
Also if you get an error connection refused, please check your firewall, sometimes firewall blocks port 993
Hello Olga,
The menu you are describing is not available for me. I am trying it via
project -> settings -> channels -> email adress
It seems the Buttons at the bottom should do the job, but I cannot click on them.
BR, Moritz
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.