Hello All,
I am trying to determine the distribution of file size across all the attachments. For example, number of files less than 1MB, between 1MB and 10MB and between 10MB and 50 MB.
Is it possible?
Thanks in Advance,
Mani
Hello,
You can not do it out of the box. You can either have a look at the jira_home/data/attachments folder and write a script to get the data, you need, or you can use Jira API to get the same info. But in any case you would need to develop a script.
If you or perhaps a DBA within your company has access to the database, a simple query like the following will give you that information. I generally advocate against directly accessing the database, but an occasional query like this I say is OK.
select filesize from fileattachment order by filesize desc
you can use Excel power query, to get Information About Name, size, … from a specific folder
https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4022/retrieve-file-sizes-from-the-file-system-using-power-query/
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for the reply!
How do i connect powerquery to the centos server? I didn't find any documentation online.
Install the power query addon in ecxelthen, as in my link above,:-> Power Query ribbon, go to the section Get External Data, click on From File and then navigate to From Folder
You Need access to the jira-addon folder
Thanks Payne! I can see all attachments size in DESC order.
Thanks Again,
You can do a select *; there are only 9 columns, and none are BLOBs
SELECT * FROM fileattachment
It's JIRA home. Where should I look for "data"?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.