The place I work has a Jira and the bottom of the page says
v7.12.2
We also have an Enterprise GitHub. At the bottom of that page it says:
GitHub Enterprise 2.14.6
When I go to the Jira login page in a browser (Safari) to log in, it presents me with User and Password fields but it also presents me with a "Use GitHub Login". I poke that button, authenticate with our GitHub (if needed), and then I can access the Jira tickets, etc.
I've been told that that happens via an OAuth2 plugin but... that may or may not be true.
My goal is to be able to use the REST API (via Emacs but that's probably not important) but I can't find any real definitive documentation on how it can be done. I have found a few Jira discussions or perhaps tickets saying that OAuth2 is not really out yet except in a development release.
Any help, pointers, etc would be helpful including what "Jira" are we running? I guess there are different flavors?