Hello,
Using Groovy & HTML, I would like to write a script that does the following:
- Finds all Issues of a specific project that were created/edited within the last 24 hours (stuck here)
- Retrieves the values of the fields in these Issues to essentially mirror the Jira Issue view screen into an emailed format (already confident in this function)
- Somehow group these "entries" of Issues in a chronological order in one email.
The goal is to provide a daily summary to a group of reviewers with a single email, containing (almost) all of the Issue information without requiring the reviewers to actually enter the Jira instance.
Previously, I was using a Listener to watch for an Issue creation within the project. This worked great for sending emails on a per-Issue basis, but I'm not sure how to traverse a project programmatically to pull all of the Issues within a certain creation date and then present those in a similar way.
For reference, I am using ScriptRunner - but I recognize this will likely be a wholly custom script. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I'm not looking for someone to write the code for me, I just want some pointers on how to make the Groovy API work with my plans.
Thanks,
Colton