Can anyone help me on this ?
Do you mean you are getting many issues for one email, or are you asking about de-duplicating multiple incoming emails on similar subjects?
Yes, I have single issue with multiple tickets. Whenever someone replied to the existing case on email it will create new tickets. So like i am having 10 issues that are raised by customer via email on service desk which creates around 200 tickets whenever CC'ed people are reply on to that email.
I am not clear on what you mean here. You talk about issues and tickets as though they are different things, but Jira only handles issues (ticket is just a name for an issue type). Could you explain whether you are looking at one or many issues?
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I think @Shivraj Singh Hada is referring to a situation when a customer puts in a ticket via e-mail and cc's a lot of people. When those people reply to the list they actually create a new e-mail request type issue in the service desk.
The behavior is to be expected since the right way would be for the creator to share the ticket in the portal but since the request is created via e-mail then there is no screen to have that.
@Shivraj Singh Hada out of the box I don't see a fix. I'd just close the dupes and add the "new reporters" & their comments to the initial ticket. I'm sure this is not ideal.
Regards,
Radu
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.