I can see in the server documentation that we can link to a new issue (create the issue during linking).
How do we do this in the current cloud version? I'm not seeing it in either the new or old issue view.
Sorry I misunderstood you!Do you want to create a new issue and link it to the current issue all together, right?
It seems this feature is only available on Bussiness or JSD project but not on Jira Software projects due to a bug.See:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17332
Does your project a Software project? If so, could you try if this feature is available on these kind of projects?
Regards
Hi Erin and Welcome,
Make sure you have the link issues project permission before getting started. Note that your Jira administrator can customize the types of links that you can create.
Then follow the steps describe here.
Does it work?Regards
Thanks Jack - no joy. I don't think it exists yet in the cloud version. For future readers, Here's what I'm referring to.
Hi Erin,link issues project permission exists in Cloud version as well.You will find it under the following link:https://<YOURCOMPANY>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<PROJECTKEY>/permissionsNote that you need to replace <YOURCOMPANY> with your site url and <PROJECTKEY> with the key of the project where the issue you are trying to link is located
To change it you need Jira Administratives permissions.
Found it, and confirmed with Permissions Helper I already have it.
Linking to existing Jira tickets isn't an issue. That has been working fine.
Creating a Linked Issue is not available. See screen below - the only option is to search for existing. And I don't see in the documentation for cloud that Create Linked Issue actually works yet.
I do see in the Permissions that it is supposed to enable this though....
Ahhh thanks for finding out why
This would be for a software project, so I guess we'll wait until they change the Sprint-cloning to be optional.
You are welcome
Did my answer solves your problem?
If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.
In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.
Kind Regards.
Thank you - you're a great community-building coach Jack
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.