I’d like to be able to import groups from a specific Active Directory OU, and filter by a set prefix on the group name. For each group that is found in AD, I’d like that group to be created in Jira (if it doesn’t already exist) and sync every user in that group. If the user doesn’t exist in Jira, I want them added to base jira-user, as well as the group that it resides in, in AD.
Is this possible using a User Directory connection?
Example:
| AD Group | Members |
| JIRA TEST 1 | Bob Carol Ted |
| JIRA TEST 2 | Alice Flo Mel |
| Sample 1 | Vera Lynn |
Group JIRA TEST 1 already exists in the JIRA internal directory. If Bob, Carol or Ted aren't already in the internal group, I'd like them added.
Group JIRA TEST 2 doesn't exist in JIRA. I'd like the group created in Jira (with the same name), and Alice, Flo and Mel put in that group. Mel wasn't already in Jira, so I'd like him to be added to jira-users as well as JIRA TEST 2.
Group Sample 1 is left alone because it doesn't match my filter.