I try to configure a post function to fire the custom event (according to this manual https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-a-custom-event-776636672.html) and have a problem: I can't add new post function different from standard functions. I need add "run event" function for my specific event, but I only can change default "run event" function from "generic event" to my specific event, or add some standard (not "run") post functions. But if I change default "run event" function from "generic event" to my specific event - I loose functionality related to "generic event".
Contacting technical support solved my problem. Here is the solution: you cannot add a new post-function while maintaining the "generic event" post-function, but you can copy the functional of the "generic event" post-function into a new post-function in addition to the new functionality.
The second issue that arose in the process of solving the first one was also resolved: only a previously saved copy of the active workflow can be edited. This is a bug in Jira and there is already a ticket to solve it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71640
I also found one more flaw in Jira: you cannot configure work with application versions on the Kanban board for created project roles, this function is available only to project administrators and therefore you must give administrator rights to everyone who needs to work with versions. This is very bad for security. If someone knows a ticket on this problem, please answer.
@Vasily Shurygin
Did you add a new transition to your workflow as the very first step?
Best,
Fadoua
I have a problem with creating and editing transitions: if I try this I see error messages (for example https://www.screencast.com/t/dLhI8jCsi)
This is a cloud configuration. I have admin rights. This is a classic project.
This workflow is active.
deleted
Believe me when I ask you about permissions, it is because even though we are JIRA System Admins, if you don't have the right permissions in a project you will be stuck.
@Vasily Shurygin please click here , then submit a support ticket.
Don't forget to come back and share the problem behind your issue.
I already found this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17608
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.