I look after a community instance of confluence 3.1.1 old, yes, I know... but it's worked perfectly since dec 2009. mssql db. community licence.
I've been meaning to upgrade for ages but didn't find the time (I'm a volunteer, and I knew it might be difficult) but the crunch has now come: It's on a virtual win2k3 server and the hosting company want to switch it off (for obvious reasons).
So I have a new win server 2016 datacenter, installed mssql Etc. and copied everything over from the old server.... and I've spent the last 5 days getting absolutely nowhere; failed to even get it to run in its original form before even thinking about an upgrade.
Before I have no hair left, I think the time has come to hire somebody to do this.
Can someone help me? We have a week before the original server is shut down....
Thanks
Richard
ps. It doesn't have to go to a new win server, it's just that I'm reasonably competent with the server admin and know nothing about linux, but if it could be got into a form which could be loaded into the latest docker image on linux then that would actually be a better long-term solution for our community.