Hi All,
I am a jira administrator and I met a problem: I cannot remove a user from the jira-admin group (he was an administrator earlier but left the project).
Can you please advise?
Thanks!
Rumi
Hi, he was a project administrator or a Jira administrator? And from where you tried to delete? It is showing an error?
Hi Rumi,
May I know if you integrate JIRA against any external user management such as LDAP or Crowd. If yes, please ensure that JIRA have the necessary permission to modify the user membership.
If permission is confirmed, please review this KB:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=281480970
Hope it helps.
Cheers,Septa Cahyadiputra
There might be a dangling membership on your database which should be resolve by following the suggested resolution provided in the KB.
Let me know if you have any doubts.
Hi,
yes, we use external user management but same error never met before. I don't really understand why the jira-administrator group is different?
he was a Jira administrator as me. I tried to delete from 'jira-administrators' group -> Edit members -> Select the user and Leave. After clicking the Leave button, nothing happens. So no error page or such like that.
Then I tried to remove the group membership directly from the users profile: Searc the user-> Edit groups -> Select jira-administrators-> Leave button and nothing happens!
The problem is we don't have access to the database. Is there a groovy script for this? We have groovy runner plugin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.