So I know I should not have done this, but I did I'm dumb.
I did the rookie mistake of creating our entire confluence platform and only using the internal database. Were having a few weird problems with Confluence so I wanted to run a upgrade anyways and I figured this would be a good time to migrate from the embedded database to an actual one.
I have seen this article however it requires you to have set up a 2nd server to migrate the data to? I'm currently running 6.12.3 and would also like to upgrade to 6.15.7. Would it be possible to just set up a database and when I run the upgrade copy the data that way?
And for anyone that might have an opinion, there are several options for databases that work with Confluence. Which one do you think would be the easiest to work with, especially given that our environment isnt huge. Its maybe 50 total pages and 90% text.