Hello @Gabor Laksamada
It seems you have set the epic-link field as required in the workflow validation phase of the create transition. And you are using the same workflow for sub-tasks as well and thus unable to create them.
Please use a different workflow for sub-tasks in which the epic-link field is not mandatory in the validation phase of the create transition.
Hello,
As far as I understand you set the Epic Link as required in the Field configuration scheme. You should add a new field configuration and associate it with sub-tasks issue types for the required project. In this new field configuration the Epic link field will not be required.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-field-configuration-scheme-844500805.html
First sub-task cant have an epic link, but parent from subtask can have an epic link so you can filter based on that.
This is my solution for this problem, it requires ScriptRunner for function match
"Epic Link" = KEY-123 OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("\"Epic Link\"=KEY-123") OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("key=KEY-123")
After that, I create a board with this filter and I can track all task and sub-task related to epic.
BR, Olga
Hello @Alexey Matveev
Since Epic-link is a locked field thus it's not possible to have it mandatory in the field configuration as I always make it required in the workflow validation of the transition.
@Tarun Sapra Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.