This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the Issue Detail View
I have a project which doesn't use Description field.
We instead have 3 fields : Scenario, expected result, observed result.
I'd like the quick edit Agile view to show these fields instead of description fields.
I had a look to "https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-the-issue-detail-view"
But unfortunately I can't remove or edit Description section... I only can edit "general fields", "date fields", "persons" and "link" sessions.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Victor
I don't think you can do this but hoping I'm wrong.
Might be worth checking with Atlassian support or checking if this user found a solution. Is there anyway to remove the "Standard" "Description" field on a ticket?
I was thinking about Java script could be worth a shot or maybe https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html#_hidden_fields
Good luck!
Hi Niclas and thanks for your response.
It seems that it is not possible from what I've read many times on many threads now...
I'll still contact Atlassian to have their response and post it back here.
Cheers,
Have you tried removing "description" by hiding it in the field configuration?
Nic I tried that in a staging environment of mine and no luck. Got curious with this use case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.