I created a staging environment to test this Confluence upgrade.
- OS: Windows 2012 R2
- Windows Installer
- Current Version: 6.5.1
- Upgrade Version: 6.15.7
- This is a staging environment to validate the upgrade
To create the staging environment I installed 6.5.1 on the Windows VM, but did not let it start. I then copied over the Home and Install directories from the production installation (overwriting the install). The PostGRES DB got a copy of the database taken at the same time as the directory backups (while Confluence was shutdown). Starting confluence 6.5.1 after these changes works normally. Files were changed as per: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-a-staging-environment-for-upgrading-confluence-866094180.html
After validating Confluence is working on the staging server I start the 6.15.7 install process. It appears to install successfully, but cannot start the service after the upgrade has completed. Using start-confluence.bat It tells me that neither JAVA_HOME nor JRE_HOME are set. The windows service also did not update to refer to Tomcat 9. I'm not sure where to go here as normally JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME are set by the installer.
Any help would be appreciated.