I wanted to make a user group for read only besides just the subversion control. Is there a quick and easy way to setup a read only user group without having to set the permissions level for each area? Or do you have to setup each area individually for a scheme and apply the scheme?
Given the provided information, you will need to adjust your permission scheme. This should not be that hard since you can just add your read only users to a group, and then add the group to the right permissions. This way, you only need to add and remove people from the group at need. You will not need to adjust the schemes every time your userbase changes.
Hey Mike,
It would be helpful if you could provide a little context. What product are you using? JIRA? Confluence? Fisheye / Crucible? Also please let us know what version of the software it is.
Cheers,Boris BerenbergAtlassian Support - San FranciscoEnjoyed the support?! Tweet us! #atlassiansupport
Sorry.
We are using JIRA with the Fisheye plugin. Version v5.0.6.
Thanks Boris!
Hi Boris,
I created a group called view only. I have also created a permissions scheme called view only. I have added the permissions scheme viewonly to the group view only. Within the view only persmissions scheme I have only given permissions to the group to the following:
Browse Projects
View Read-Only Workflow
But the users are still able to comment, edit and all of the normal functionality. How do I make it so they can only view the issues, and not assign anything.
Best,
Michael
I realize I should have found this earlier. Take a look at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+make+a+Read-Only+user+through+permissions+and+workflow+conditions
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,Boris
The users are only part of the view only group, with the view only permissions scheme. The only other group they are part of is the jira-users group which I was under the impression they had to be to log in. Do I need to remove the users from the jira-users group? I tried this earlier and the users were unable to log in.
Mike
Hi guys, I know this is an old issue, but I wanted to confirm:
Do I have to make Workflow changes to create a read-only User Group, or should the changes to Global Permissions (ONLY JIRA Users) and Permission Scheme (ONLY Browse Projects) be sufficient enough to give people read-only access to issues?
Because unfortunately I'm seeing that a user in the new group still has permissions to Comment, Assign and other Actions.
Hey - so I've set up a group that *only* has the following permissions:
Global: JIRA UsersDefault Permission Scheme: Browse Projects
For different projects, the Comment button is unavailable. But for some transitions still show up, whereas for others they are not there. So do I need to look inside every workflow and add Permission Conditions all over the place? That sounds... not fun. :-/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.