I am currently facing an issue with regards to a particular user being automatically selected as a watcher for issues in different projects (approx: 30 projects and 55K issues in which he is set as a watcher), without him being a reporter/assignee nor committing any actions as per the history within the issues. There is no specific pattern for this behaviour.
There should be an automated process because there are cases which this specific user is added as a watcher in 6, 7 issues at the same second.
The problem is that I don't have any idea from where this automated process is coming. I've already checked some scripts but I couldn't find anything.
To help me to find from where it is coming, I created a listener in scriptrunner to listen to IssueWatcherAddedEvent and log to a file.
When I add myself as a watcher in a issue, it shows in the logs as "http-nio-8080-exec" but for this specific user, the IssueWatcherAddedEvent is showing as "JiraTaskExectionThread".
Does anyone have any idea where I can check? Thank you.