Hi,
How can I automatically add a specific user as a watcher when case status changes in Jira Service Desk tickets?
Thanks,
I. Solomon
Hi Israel
I think you need to use some plug-ins for that. Jira doesn't do it out the box. Do you use any automation plug-ins (Scriptrunner, Suite Utilities for Jira, Automation for Jira (pro))?
Hi, many thanks for your assistance. We managed to make it happen.
We implemented JSU post-function during status transition using Update Any Issue Field (JSU).
It works!
Hi Israel,
how did you achieve this?I've tried this for about 0.5 h now but all I get is an error on ticket creation.
I tried setting the field Watchers to the user name of the person in question.I also tried to set the Perform As User option to a user with Manage Watchers permissions to avoid permission problems.
Cheers,Kirstin
@Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
I'm hoping you've been able to find an answer to this in the past year, but on the off chance that you haven't, here it is:
Atlassian Cloud uses unique identifiers for users, not username. Here's how to find that:
Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues!
Cheers,Evn
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.