I am trying to create a clone of my production Confluence server for patch testing. My issue is I cannot figure out how to change the web address for the page from the production confluence.mydomain to dev.confluece.mydomain for the new development server.
Atlassian has a doc for that! You will need to be a Confluence system-administrator in order to make this change.
Dave I need to do this in the backend and changing the server.xml doesn't seem to have done the trick.
What do you mean by "the backend?"
Unless you have made changes to server.xml, you don't need to make any changes to it. If you have the application sitting behind a proxy server or something similar and added the proxy stuff to server.xml, you will need to change the "proxyName" value to the new hostname. The doc I linked and this change should be all that is needed, unless you are doing something unusual.
I currently only have access to the Linux command line to solve this issue since there is already a server running on the confluence.mydomain address which the clone is still configured to use. So they conflict with each other when both are on the network.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.