My main department instance was installed by someone else, using the .tar file, prior to my starting my job. Is there a recommendation way of upgrading the Jira version when the recommended way it was installed is not the way it was installed? I know the easiest and best way is to run the .bin. I have set up a test environment with the .bin. Super easy! upgrading, super easy! I have managed to update the test one, via the .bin with no issues! But production, not so much.
Any suggestion on possible removal of this .tar version, install with .bin and have few issues or data losses?
I am upgrading due to the recent vulnerability. Production is running 7.8.1. Would it gradual step be better than going from 7.8 to 8.3 or 7.13.5? There wasn't really any guidence. and if upgrade processes recently have taught me anything, double check for compatibility between versions!