Looking for best practices or ideas about how to handle what I'm calling "mixed" usage of JIRA. We're trying to integrate ops, users, and devs on one instance, but there are conflicts which limit how useful it can be.
I'll give a vastly simplified example:
A tire on the company car is flat. User might search for words like "tire", or "flat". They'd reach out to Ops, who'd do much the same thing. But dev treats JIRA like the book of work to be done, so they might create a JIRA like: "Replace tires on company car", which at least has "tire" in the description. Or maybe the solution isn't "Replace tires", but "re-inflate tires". So the description gets changed, and it's less searchable by users.
But then if it happens that tire replacement is handled by a third party company, who has already scheduled doing that, dev might _delete_ the JIRA, so the history is lost and nothing is searchable.
I know, you'll say that deleting items is suboptimal, and I'll agree, but given that there's no way to mark an issue resolved as "third party responsibility", or even "closed won't fix", project management, who wants to do reports, has little choice: they can't mark items like this "Done", because they aren't.
So what I'm asking is how to get the most value from JIRA for multiple usergroups with different ways of thinking about and describing issues and features.