I have an onprem Confluence install that hosts both our publicly available Knowledgebase and our AD integrated corporate intranet. This VM also hosts a Jira install... for SSL reasons both are on non-standard SSL ports.
A decision has been made to move the public knowledgebase behind an authentication system so our IP is at least password protected to our clients only. We are having issues getting this setup operationally... and I suppose it all boils down to "Can Confluence respond to multiple hostnames?".
Until recently all users connected to knowledgebase.***.com directly. We have recently tried to get clients connecting through a proxy site (for login purposes) that hosts our in house authentication, that in turn redirects successful logins to the Confluence site. Internally we tried to get employees to connect to a different hostname (confluence.***.com) but since I cant seem to find how to configure a 2nd hostname within Confluence (& the SSL port is non-standard) things are simply not working for both internal & external users at the same time.
We have reverted all changes and are running now, but still looking for a 'Good' answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.