Hello all,
I was going to try and test our Jira Cloud instance that we acquired at Atlassian Summit 2019 and encountered an unusual problem.
I was going to move the data from my test instance up into the Cloud instance, so I went to Administration > System and selected Backup system to create an XML backup. The process runs for about 90 seconds before it throws a 504 Gateway Time-out to the screen.
I ended up with a zip file just over 200 MB in size, but I'm not sure if it finished every phase of the backup. Below are the log entries in atlassian-jira.log.
Can anyone tell me (1) did it finish cleanly and (2) why am I getting a 504 error in the UI?
2019-07-29 14:04:43,507 http-nio-8443-exec-89 WARN mthompson 844x1639212x1 1x8hxxg xx.xx.xx.xx,xx.xx.xx.xx /secure/admin/XmlBackup.jspa [c.a.j.w.action.util.XmlBackup] The filename that will be used for exporting is: '/r01/atlassian/application-data/jira/export/jiraDev2.zip'
2019-07-29 14:07:26,467 http-nio-8443-exec-89 INFO mthompson 844x1639212x1 1x8hxxg xx.xx.xx.xx,xx.xx.xx.xx /secure/admin/XmlBackup.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Data export completed in 162960ms. Wrote 11705101 entities to export in memory.
2019-07-29 14:07:26,468 http-nio-8443-exec-89 INFO mthompson 844x1639212x1 1x8hxxg xx.xx.xx.xx,xx.xx.xx.xx /secure/admin/XmlBackup.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Attempting to save the Active Objects Backup
2019-07-29 14:09:04,561 http-nio-8443-exec-89 INFO mthompson 844x1639212x1 1x8hxxg xx.xx.xx.xx,xx.xx.xx.xx /secure/admin/XmlBackup.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultExportService] Finished saving the Active Objects Backup