I followed the documentation in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-a-custom-event-776636672.html in an attempt to send an email for our 'Emergency' Issue Type.
The problem is that the custom event I created does not show up in the list of post functions when I try to add a new post function to the workflow. Nor do I see any kind of 'generic' option that would allow me to specify the new event.
Not real sure where I've gone off into the weeds on this.......
Anybody else having this issue with the cloud version?
Thanks,
Bob
Dear @Bob Whitty ,
I just created a new custom event with template "Generic" (Admin>System>Events) and added this as a post function to a test workflow (Admin>Issues>Workflow>Transition:
It worked like a charm. Can you describe what steps you exactly did, so that I can help?
So long
Thomas
Hi Thomas - Thanks for responding!
What I'm trying to achieve is an Emergency notification whenever we get a JSD ticket of issue type emergency.
From the top:
I created a copy of the JSD Default template to use for this single instance.
I created an issue type Emergency
I created a custom event for this ticket type
And I created a Notification scheme for the ticket/issue type and associated it to the custom event.
When I tried to add this function to the workflow, it failed to show up in the post function selections.
Please bear with me - this has kind of fallen in my alp and I've graduated from Jira user to Site Admin overnight. So I'm fumbling along as best I can.
Regards,
Hello Bob,
The post function to properly trigger a custom event would be the "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners", which is added by default in most of the workflows of JIRA, so you just need to edit it.
This would be the steps:
Select the Jira icon (, , , or ) > Jira settings > Issues.
For more details, you can check the documentation below:
- Configure a custom event notification for a specific JIRA workflow transition or status
Let me know if you still have any questions.
I am a bit struggling. Your link in the post points to a cloud how-to. Petter's is pointing to a server related. What do you use?
BtW: the mapping of an Event to an Issue Type is indirect: An Issue Type is associated to one Workflow, a workflow transition is associated with one Event, one Event triggers Notification(s).
Hello @Thomas Deiler,
First of all, thank you for jumping into this.
Just to clarify and make sure we are on the same page:
Although my link is pointed to JIRA Server app, it also applies to JIRA Cloud Application. I tested it myself and confirmed that the instructions provided will have the same behavior to JIRA Cloud Application.
That been said, I believe that's the correct way to trigger custom event listeners directly from workflow transitions, at least it has worked in the last version of Cloud application.
Can you confirm if those steps have worked for you, @Bob Whitty?
Guys - this is SO close I can taste it. I was reading the Notifications Scheme link and stumbled over this:
Single email address
Any email address that you wish to alert.
A single email address notification will only be sent if the issue is publicly viewable (as the email address of a non-Jira user could be specified, in which case a security check is not possible). Publicly viewable issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone' (any non-logged-in users). The text template is used for notifications to a single email address.
The Emergency event is properly associated with my JSD project via the Notification Scheme. The single user email address is associated to the event. The only piece I seem to be missing is the 'Browse Projects' permission listed above and I'm not quite sure where or how to specify that.
The Customer permissions are set as follows:
Project settings
Who can access the portal and send requests to Simple Ticket?
Customers my team adds to the project
Anyone can send a request via the portal or HelpDesk@MyCompany.com
What am I missing here?
Thanks Again,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.