I just upgraded from Confluence 3.3.1 to 3.5.13. In additional, LDAP authentication has moved from one domain to another. I had to change usernames because the sAMAccountName changes with the domain. The docs I follow was this: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+Usernames
The problem I'm having is my users are now not automatically added to the confluence-users group. I had to manually add and grant an AD group in the Global Permissions page in order for users to use confluence.
Why am my users not automatically part of the confluence-users group? Is this related to my user search filter or group search filter? My users are able to authenticate and log in fine but can't use confluence because they're not part of the confluence-users group.
Snippet of atlassian-confluence.log
2012-03-13 14:26:51,788 WARN [http-0.0.0.0-8081-5] [directory.ldap.mapper.UserContextMapper] mapFromContext Failed to map attribute <uSNChanged> from context with DN <cn=Tom Luong,ou=fte,ou=associates,ou=users,ou=gec,dc=corp,dc=domain,dc=com>
-- referer: https://confluence.test.domain.com/authenticate.action?destination=/admin/console.action | url: /doauthenticate.action | userName: tluong | action: doauthenticate
I tried manually adding a users to the confluence-users group in Manage Groups page and it fails with the following message.
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
'OU=GEC,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=com'
^@]; remaining name 'OU=GROUP,OU=GEC,DC=homeoffice,DC=domain,DC=com'
Thanks in advance for any help.