I can't change the type of my project issue, either existing or new issue, I can choose, but can't change, can anyone help me.The message is not clear, I did not do what I have to do to resolve.
Settings -> Issues-> Screens -> (Screen used by your Project) -> Configure-> (Select Field to add ...) ->"Issue Type"
Then refresh your page and attempt to edit the issue type again!
1. Does "move" let you change the issue type?
2.Is the issue type field on the edit screen for the issue (admin question)
I didn't understand your comments, could it be a little clearer?
The type of problem was not associated with the screen I had. it was just that.Sorry, but I think the jira should be clearer in your error messages.
Thanks for your response.
You're probably right. Not that they are my error messages
I have the same problem. The notification "you cannot edit this issue.." appears only in one my project. I have issue scheme for create, edit and view issue. Also "move"change issue type, but it's not good enough solution for me. How can I change settings to change easily issue type with this favicon?
update - I resolved the problem. I just needed to add "issue type" to configure screen.
thanks! this one bugged me for some hours and your solution worked
Thank you Joseph!
youre the best!
Thank you!
Thanks for sharing your quick fix! It solved my problem
Your're amazing @Joseph W_ , tks!
Why this field is there anyway? just for this reason?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.