How is this possible? Why is there no simple Insert Image in the Global Template editor in confluence?
Hi Dallas,
Your question got me thinking! I did a little test on Confluence Server and found the following:
I also discovered a little bonus feature (or bug, you decide)
You can upload a new version the image directly to one page created from the template and it alters it for every page created with that template.
I changed myself into a fleur-de-lis!
I found a work around for confluence cloud!!!
Create a new User and upload your image as the user profile image;
Then the Template will allow you to insert Confluence Content>User Profile Image
On Confluence Cloud, you can use the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros to get around this.
I just confirmed this in my Confluence Cloud instance, to add an image to my Announcement widget on my dashboard.
I do not believe that this functionality exists for security issues.
I'm using confluence cloud and don't see the insert files button in templates.
Not gonna lie.. this is a devilishly creative workaround!
I want what I want and gonna get it how ever I gotta get it; muhahaa!
I found bugs; the Public Picture image doesn't stick to a document Export to Word or Export to PDF.
And in the word .doc; tables are not formatted to the correct width/size. Confluence failed to include Table Property for Table Size Percent xx
Hi all,
unfortunately this solution does not work in cloud.
Error is:
Error rendering macro 'excerpt-include' : No link could be created for '<pagename>'.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.