My organization is getting ready to install Jira Service Desk (replacing another "ticketing system"). I am seeking guidance and real-life examples of how others are using the Product categorization and Operational categorization cascading fields.
I am not an ITSM or ITIL expert but I've been researching best practices for incident (and [service] request) categorization. Here are some of the resources that I found helpful:
So how is YOUR organization using these categorization fields? If you could start over (or do a major overhaul on the existing values), what would you do?
Note: I know how to add categorization values to these fields and create request types and the other Jira admin-type functions. I'm seeking guidance on which values to use in each field.
Note 2: I recognize that the actual values in these fields depend on many factors. The challenge is taking the categorization concepts and coming up with useful values. At this point, I feel like it would be most valuable to see actual value lists that others are using. But I'm open to other input as well. Thanks!