I currently access jira on jira.mycompany.company:8080. I would like the to access it only be by jira.mycompany.company , please provide a detailed explanation on this.
Hi Mark,
Or you can use webserver NGINX or Apache, for examle with (or without) reverse proxy use Atlassian docs like:
Pavel
You need to change the configuration file to respond on port 80 or the DNS entry for the URL needs to point to port 8080. Please copy/paste this link for description on changing responding port https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-828788166.html
If I do this, I would need to run Jira as root and it may cause some problems, Isn't there another way to do this without doing this one?
I've only installed on windows servers. It runs as a service there. I don't know about unix/linux installs.
@Mark Ryel Alonzo Sumagaysay
If I helped you, please mark my answer as Accepted answers. This will help other users find a solution discussion.
Sorry about that delay, Hi @Pavel Junek I've been reading the docs that you linked here and I'm not sure if it will work for our server environment here. We are currently using the standalone Tomcat, trying to do the following suggestions requires me to change a lot of the configuration. Is there any way I can still do this without installing apache or nginx?
Hi,
Without installing the Web Server (NGINX or Apache) or HAProxy, you will not be able to make a URL in the form jira.mycompany.company. If you change the port 8080 to 80 in server.xml, you can access Jira on the internal network using the server name eg http://[servername]
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.