Hello, we have a custom field that is called FOR SQUAD, which is simply a pick up menu to choose a team. I'd like to set a default assignee per team but I couldn't find an option. Can somebody help?
If I understand you correctly, you have a select list with a set of teams. The user picks a team and you want JIRA, in the background, to select a particular member of the team the user picks. That can't be done out of the box. You would need a plugin or some scripting.
Hi @Ilaria Fazio
If You Have Script Runner Plugin
Here it is. It could be some changed based on custom field type.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue String userName; switch(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("fieldname").toString()){ case "1": userName = "user1";break; case "2": userName = "user2";break; case "3": userName = "user3";break; } issue.setAssignee(ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName(userName))
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.