Hi All,
I've seen the question asked, but only answered with ugly hacks and I've yet to see a plugin for it, though I'm hoping one exists.
We use Confluence for a lot of process documents. The documents are LONG and INTRICATE. Number lists work great for organization; however, due to the nature of the docs, they are very easy to lose your place or in some cases, when skipping steps is necessary, hard to track if you've done all of the steps or missed any and need to come back.
What I would love to find, at it's most basic, is a way to have numbered list plus the task based check boxes so as you are going through a process document, you can check off each step as it is completed. This would also give you a clear view of what steps had to be skipped. I have seen people who use a Number and then a sub line of a task, I've tried it and it makes the documents even harder to read.
In a perfect world, this would have some type of "reset" at the end to clear all of the check boxes for the next user OR a quick copy button to make a copy of the document so that the task list checks aren't saved for future users of the document.
I'll do my best to example this:
[x] 1. Step 1 actions
[x] 2. Step 2 actions
[ ] 3. Step 3 actions
etc etc
EDIT: I found another question on here were someone came up with a great work around to the "Reset" check box. It requires that you enable HTML macros in Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/html-macro-38273085.html
Here's the code as well to put inside the html macro:
<a id="removeAllcbx" href="#">Remove checkboxes</a> <script type="text/javascript"> AJS.toInit(function () { AJS.$('#removeAllcbx').click(function() { $( "ul.inline-task-list" ).find( "li" ).removeClass("checked"); }); }); </script>