I'm writing a comment in a Jira ticket. Used to be, you could write monospace text inside {{curly brackets}}. Now, that doesn't seem to work.
I've seen posts here saying that using backticks like `this` works. It does not for me.
What happened?
What version are you using? I'm on Jira Software 8.1.0 and it's still working fine for me with the double curly brackets.
I'm on Jira Cloud.
Also, I was experiencing the problem when I was using the new UI. At the top of the screen I see the message "We're updating the issue view to help you get more done. Learn more or See the old view." And if I switch back to the old view, the problem goes away -- double-braces works to produce monospace.
Under the "Learn more" link it says they're implementing Markdown syntax instead of wiki markup:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/markdown-formatting-in-jira-cloud-973480071.html
Under markdown syntax, monospace should be denoted with backticks, `like this`. But that doesn't work. Maybe it's not supported yet.
Either that, or it's bugged. Wish I could help you more. Good Luck!
It is now roughly 9 months later, and it is still broken in Jira Cloud New Issue view.
Still..... {{broken}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.