Is there any field in the bug details that differentiate between the bugs reported internally from the QA team members and the external bugs reported from the site ?? I mean the origin of the bug?
Hi Hanan,
you will have to provide some more information for a better understanding and so we can provide you with a precise answer. So we're talking about Jira Software here? There is no difference in "internal" or "external" bugs unless you implement some kind of marker (custom field, label, component, suffix in the summary, you name it). Lots of this could also be achieved using workflow post functions (provided by third-party apps) with conditional executions (for example depending on the reporter of an issue). By "external" do you mean issues create from an issue collector in a project?
Best, Max
Dear @Hanan Nagy ,
I assume you use JSD. So you can distinguish between internal and external, wehen assigning the users to a so called "Organisation". As soon al users are mapped, you quickly see the origin of an issue.
So long
Thomas
If you are trying to identify the group that is originating the issue, e.g. DEV, QA, CUST then you could create groups, a custom single-select field and use an addon to assess if the creator is in membersof ("").
if this is what you are aiming for and need further assistance to make it happen JLMK.
first thanks for answering my Question
Second, yes I'm talking about Jira software
and yes I mean by external those who are working on the site itself - my clients
and now what kind of fields that should be added to bugs to differentiate between its origin?
Thanks for reply but where can I find the Organisation field - it would be better if u can provide a screen shot.
I need to identify the group who submit the bug if they are the QC team in my office or they are the guys who work on site who submit the bug and my team didn't catch it here
Hi,
please don't mind me asking again but what do you mean by "working on the site itself". Your QA team members are user in Jira in a project, right?
How are your customers using Jira, accessing the project and creating issues?
And it is totally up to you how you want to differentiate between those "internal" and "external" issues. You could add a simple checkboxes custom field which just has the option "Internal" to check (or external). Whatever you like better. You have different kinds of custom fields available in Jira and can create and add them to screens them as a Jira administrator.
to answer your Q first, I meant by external those guys who works at the client side to test our application there and they can log their found issues on Jira as well as my team.
Second I like the idea of adding custom field like radio button (Internal / external) in the issue to use it later in my queries to get this data.
but unfortunately I don't know how to make it as I'm new to Jira software
In Jira Software - you do not have that bundled custom field "Organisation". This is shipped with Jira Service Desk.
ok, thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.