I am creating an online music course and I am using JIRA to project manage the creation of it.
The main point is that I need to create different sorts of content (i.e. some video content, some print outs/sheet music (PDFs) and some audio).
I would like to make the creation of each piece of 'type' of content - a task, and have a customised (different) workflow for each. The process to create a video is not the same as writing a script of creating some sheet music for a lesson exercise.
For example, I need to have a 'create video task' and a create 'text content task'; each of which requires a different workflow.
I have tried to read through the documentation on workflow but find myself going around and around in circles trying to find the relevant information.
My questions are simple:
- How many workflows can you have within a project?
- How do you create you own customised workflows? (I am having trouble with this because I am the administrator and JIRA keeps telling me that I need to log in as administrator - which I already am).
- How do you assign a workflow to a task individually (without changing ANYTHING else in the project (i.e. updating one task with a workflow should not effect any other task or story in the project).
- Is it necessary to define (at some point) all of the possible workflows that would be usable within a project (EPIC) in order to be able to use one? If I go to the workflow button on a story there is no option to select a different workflow.
Any clarification other than 'read the documentation' would be appreciated because I have spent enough time trying to find what I need, I need some actual help on this.
Thanks :-)