Hello, I am following the tutorial to build a Jira Event Listener Plugin with Eclipse:
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/writing-jira-event-listeners-with-the-atlassian-event-library/
I have completed all the steps, but my project won't build. There's and error in my pom.xml that says:
Project build error: Unknown packaging: atlassian-plugin
I have tried many things suggested by other questions asked on forums. I added proxy bypasses for "https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/", and "https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public" (I did notice that Atlassian says they will be deprecating the latter, however the tutorial does not reflect that). I made Eclipse use the SDK provided Maven installation home, as well as its settings.xml. I added the proxy to to the settings.xml. I tried atlas-mvn clean install. I tried atlas-update. I added plugin Repositories to my pom.xml.
That pretty much sums up all the answers I could find online, and yet I am still having this error and I can't do atlas-run because it throws this error. Does anyone have any idea for a fix? I posted my pom.xml as a reply to this post. Please take a look at it if it helps.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Fayyad