Hi,
I have a Program->Product->Initiative->Epic->{Bug & Story & Task} hierarchy, and in structure at the initiative level I am able to automate the structure hierarchy setup by adding an Insert JQL query of "Parent Link" = xxx-55 where xxx-55 is the Initiative that holds all of the epics.
This worked fine when I didn't have many programs and products, I could manually set up the program product hierarchy and do the automation at the lower level.
This view has become quite popular with the business and they wanted to add more and more programs, and maintenance is becoming problematic.
I tried automate higher up in the hierarchy at the program level by "Parent Link" = ppp-5 where ppp-5 is the Program not the Initiative with the hopes that it would build everything all of the way down from there, but it only brought in the products and nothing below. When I do it with the initiative it pulls in all Epics and everything linked to the Epic.
Is there a way to automatically build the hierarchy from a higher level up than what I have now?