At some point (perhaps an update?) ~520 pages (26 pages, 20 per page) were "supposedly" marked as "save for later". I say supposedly, because they show in the "saved for later" tab on my profile but not all are marked "save for later" on the page itself.
I was using the "favorites" macro to put quick links on my home page. Now, there are pages listed there I've never visited (as well as ones I have).
I'm ok with "saved for later" but it should've been done separately from "favorites". There seems to be an overlap as "favorites" was cannibalized for "save for later". I appreciate the advancements that Atlassian makes, but this one doesn't seem very well thought out.
How about having both "favorites" for those pages that I access often (including the macro for ease of use) as well as a "save for later" (that also has a macro) for those pages that I need to go back to and address in some way? They could behave exactly the same (maybe have the "save for later" automatically uncheck when I visit the page in the future - require me to check it again if I find I don't have time to finish on this visit either).
My questions are :
1) how can I easily remove all the "saved for later" tags (including those not marked and those I am not allowed to access) and
2) why do some show in the list even though they are not marked?