i use Bulk Operation - Move Issues and struggling to understand how do i make Fixed Version field to be possible to change value
Why don't you use the "bulk edit" operation?
issue has raised with atlassian related to bulk edit fixversion, check this
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12056
some one given asnswer for this here
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/176774/how-can-i-bulk-update-jira-issues-and-add-a-fix-version
Bulk edit does not work with Fix Version field. See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Why-is-Fix-Version-field-missing-on-the-bulk-edit-page/qaq-p/687957
There is a serious need that should be enforced asap: "bulk edit of fix versions" should have been included years ago. But it is still not there.
Atlassian support, another one bites the dust. One of many feature requests that was left without the answer. I need to go one by one for multiple epics and stories to update fix version, just because Bulk update doesn't support it. <sad face>
Hey! We came accross this same issue today, however I think I found a solution:
I noticed the following text under the option "Unavailable actions" in the bottom of the page when selecting edit issues in Bulk operation (Step 3 of 4: Operation details):"Change Fix Version/s - NOTE: This operation can be performed only on issues from ONE project"
So I tried changing my search to include issues from only one project (Project = XXX) and tried again with Bulk change. The "Change fixVersion" was now included as an edit option with these 4 alternatives: "Add to existing; Clear Field; Replace all with; Find and remove these"
This at least solves our problem - hopefully it helps others as well :-)
That worked for me! Thanks for the help. You have saved me a ton of time.
"I noticed the following text under the option "Unavailable actions" in the bottom of the page when selecting edit issues in Bulk operation (Step 3 of 4: Operation details):" ???
How do I get to that point? I can't see it in the UI (JIRA cloud)
I am using Jira on-premise, so cannot guarantee it is the same on Cloud.
I found the text on the "step 3 of 4: Operation Details" page in the following way;
The question is literally about Bulk Edit's inability to do this.
Changing Fix Version is now one of the top options in bulk edit:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.