Hi,
We currently have JIRA SERVER 7.0.9 and are planning to migrate to JIRA 8.2 Data Center. Also, in the process, we are switching from Oracle to SQL Server.
So, on one of the data-center nodes, we have installed JIRA data-center 7.0.9 with SQL Server 2012. We would be exporting XML from our current setup and importing in this node. Can I and do I need to add plugins here? (This step is purely to convert data from oracle to sql 2012, because jira 7.0 supports sql server 2012, whereas we want to use sql server 2016)
My question here is:
- When I am migrating data from JIRA 7.0 server to JIRA 7.0 data-center, what should I do about plugins? Should I rather migrate data from server to server (with plugins) and upgrade to data-center after upgrading jira server to 8.2 OR can I just migrate data, using XML, without the plugins/add-ons?