Does copying a space to a new one attach original pages, attachments and linked pages to the new space?
As far as I know, it shouldn't, however, I know of someone having issues.
Victor
Hey there Victor!
I am not sure if I understand what you need. Confluence have three types of Space Exports that can be restored into other instances. Here you can see them and what is included with them:
If we assume the issue is happening with our XML Exports, attachment should be present in the export and after the restore into another instance. For more information on Content Export And Restore, you can take a look here:
Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML - Confluence Server Restoring a Space
If you are on Confluence Cloud, you should look here:
Import a Confluence Space Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML - Confluence Cloud
With the above in mind, could you clarify:
What kind of issue is the user facing? Has this worked in the past? Are you on Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server?
Looking forward to your reply Victor!
Diego,
Thanks for the reply. I'm not the one who was having an issue but a fellow community user. Their issue is different. When they copy a space in confluence, page tries from the previous space are active and present in the new space.
I've never experienced that issue as i know once you copy a space, it gets detached from the original.
As of today, Confluence (Cloud or Server) does not support copying of spaces. Here you can have more details about it:
How to copy or rename a space in Confluence
It is likely that your instance has some kind of third-party plugin that allows this. One example of such a plugin is this:
Copy Space for Confluence
The plugin presented above is available only for Confluence server. Let us know if you are using Confluence Cloud.
Let us hear from you, Victor!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.