Hi there!
I am a new and non-tech JIRA business user who is learning how to set up tasks and subtask. I created a task within a project to use as a template that I clone each time I have a similar issue.
On the tasks and sub task screen I added the Due Date and a Custom field I created called Date of Injury - both fields are calendar pickers. When I created the template that I clone I entered some dates in it - I don't know why, but I did. Now when I clone them it copies over the dates. I have tried "None" Empty" "Blank" but nothing seems to work to clear these dates to nothing and them force the date to be selected on copy or update of the task/subtask.
I have gone into field config and ensured that the "required" is off - but it still insists on having a date. Does anyone have suggestions on how to blank out the dates on the template and then force the dates to be filled in on the task when it is cloned and on the subtasks the first time it is clicked on after cloning?
Thanks!