Hey guys, I was hoping you might have an idea on what I did wrong in this Internal directory -> Crowd migration...
We have 500 internal users and my goal is to start using AD for user access. So, I connected my AD to Crowd. Then, I connected Crowd to Jira. The AD users represented the same people as the accounts in the internal directory.
I gave the internal users the same usernames they had in AD, so new accounts weren't created in the internal directory (duplicated) - and put Crowd as first in the directory order so they can log through AD.
The only accounts that appeared from that point were the ones from Crowd (which is correct), but the users lost all their data they had when they were logging from the internal directory. When they logged in through Crowd (AD), they had no assigned issues, dashboards and so on.
My goal is to start using AD for user access, but without the users losing the data they had in the Internal directory (assignees and so on).
What did I do wrong?