I have project managers asking how to do the following... (if even possible)
We have a BitBucket Cloud (standard) account and all of our git stuff lives there.
Project managers asked me to setup a mirror locally on-premise to make BitBucket Cloud sync everything to this local mirror on BitBucket Server
- They just want it for hands on backups incase something happens in the cloud
- They aren't going to be making calls from this local instance, again purely backup. So basically if something gets updated on the cloud (primary instance) they want it to sync to the local (backup instance).
My questions are...
1. Are they expecting the mirror to be used in a way it is not meant to be?
2. If it can be done what route should I be going. I have been spinning my wheels on documentation for a few days and just feel a bit indecisive on the correct solution for what they want to do. What do I use instead to accomplish this?
Sorry in advance for my ignorance on the manner, I am a sysadmin, not a developer but I do help with infrastructure for some projects we do behind the scenes.