I have a user that signed up with a local confluence account. His account does not show up in the AD groups or users. I tried deleting his local confluence account and re-syncing the AD account. He still does not show up either in users or in a AD group we have verified he is in.
Dear @Owen Jones
in most cases AD connection to Confluence are read-only. Means, creating users in Confluence will not populate them to AD.
Create the user in AD. Then he will show up.
I have in mind, that Atlassian announced in the past a new feature to exactly do what you wanted. But I am unsure if this was for Confluence or Jira ...
So long
Thomas
Sorry, I must have explained it incorrectly.
The user already exists in AD. Somehow they made a local confluence user and now their AD account doesn't show up in the searches or even groups.
So user created in Confluence that exactly matches an existing AD account.
Local user deleted from Confluence.
User does not show in searches or groups in AD.
Thanks.
Ah! Disconnect AD before deleting from internal directory. Then connect AD again and sync. The user should show up. If not then you have to manipulate the LDAP settings.
I already deleted the user so not sure what else to do. I disabled the AD. Checked if the user existed and it does not. I then re-enabled it and sync'd. The user still doesn't show up as a user or any of the groups I know he is part of.
I verified that he is in AD through another system as well as the groups I'm searching via confluence.
I'm guess maybe he still exists but can't be seen but now sure how to verify or clear that out.
Any other ideas?
And thanks for your help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.